What Is Hyperpigmentation?
A type of disorder which is characterized with dark areas on the skin and it’s caused when melanin is overproduced is called Hyperpigmentation. The most common reasons are: the exposure to sunlight, pregnancy, certain diseases, aging or trauma. Dark pigment of the skin also occurs as a result of the melanin disorders and non-aesthetic brown spots show up, which are characteristics of this benign disorder.
There are two types of melanin disorders. They can be internal or inborn, especially common for dark skin tone people. The external causes include exposure to chemicals like progesterone, estrogen, minocycline, betaxolol, and sunlight. Ultraviolet rays bring about stains, spots and freckles which can cause permanent or temporary discoloration.
This disorder, Hyperpigmentation can also be caused by Surgeries or traumas, but the spots remain even when the condition improves.
When hyperpigmentation occurs during the pregnancy, it is called melasma. Melasma can also affect men in many cases, but still, usually, it is called the mask of pregnancy due to the brown spots that appear on the face – mainly the nose and cheeks. Usually, after the pregnancy this disorder goes away by itself and it does not cause any major problems.
Natural remedy for Hyperpigmentation
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juicenstructions:
- Mix well the lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it to stay for about 15 minutes or until it gets dry. After 15 minutes, rinse the area with cold water.
- Do not expose your skin to sunlight after this treatment, and the best timing for this procedure is before taking shower.
- Do this one or two times a day, and you will notice the improvement of your skin.