The Amish people are well known for their strict way of life where modern technology and medicine weren’t included. They used to live in harmony with the nature and they were preparing only natural remedies to treat many diseases.
Among many, one of the most powerful traditional preparations is the black salve (Black Drawing Salve). This remedy is used for many inflammatory conditions, including infections, cysts and ulcers.
These remedies weren’t used only by Amish people, but also by many others, to treat ingrown nails and hairs, and cystic acne. It has a strong power to remove impurities, manure and unwanted objects such as thorns and splinters of glass.
It is very important that it can also be used in children, which proves it is completely natural.
It is easy to rinse and it does not leave stains on the skin. You can also use it for spider veins because it brings out the toxins, and apparently removes blemish and dark spots.
Amish recipe for black salve
– 3 tablespoons macerate of comfrey, calendula and plantain (see instructions on how to make it below) – acting anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and promotes healing, it is rich in antioxidants
– 2 teaspoons of Shea butter – it is anti-inflammatory and allows deeper penetration of balsam (pharmacies)
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil – natural foods, nourishes and speed up the process of healing
– 2 tablespoons of beeswax – conserve medicinal ingredients in the balm
– 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil – has a positive effect on skin health and healing (and pharmacies)
– 2 tablespoons of activated carbon powder – pulls out bacteria and toxins (pharmacy, health food store)
– 2 tablespoons of kaolin clay – extracts chemicals and toxins from the skin, do not use metal objects for mixing (pharmacy, health food store)
– 1 tablespoon of honey – antibacterial and moisturizing
– 20 drops of essential oil of lavender – acting regenerative and relieves pain
- It is important to prepare the macerate first.
You need tablespoon of each plant chopped into powder and half a cup of olive oil. Macerate can be prepared in 2 ways.
The first is to put plants in the oil an let it stay in a sealed jar for 4 weeks and then strain.
Another way is to heat the oil and herbs in a bowl with double bottom and leave the oil to cook on the weakest heat for about an hour until it gets dark and the strong odor, then strain.
- Mix macerate, Shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, vitamin E and honey in a jar that you previously put in a bowl with water.
- Heat the water to a boil and carefully mix the ingredients with nonmetallic spoon until all dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add activated charcoal, kaolin and lavender essential oil and mix well again.
- Quick-pour balm into small jars or tins and let it stay.
- Keep balm in tightly sealed containers and use it with the above problems.
How to use black salve?
Clean the injured area. Put the black salve to the wound or thorn and cover it with gauze or a bandage.
- Source: http://healthycures.org/