Wild or garden, from the market or from your backyard… all strawberries are great! Many people use them to whiten their teeth, and here are 8 more reasons why you should include strawberries in your diet.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants. Namely, in the world of fruits, they are the fourth fruit with most antioxidants. Antioxidants protect our bodies from free radicals that are linked to premature aging and various diseases.
- They are an excellent source of vitamin C which increases the strength of arteries, prevents bruising, and strengthens the functioning of adrenal (suprarenal) glands that require more vitamin C than any other glands in the body. Eight strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange!
- According to studies, strawberries control the blood sugar levels. 130 grams of fresh strawberries significantly decreases the blood sugar levels. High blood sugar is linked to obesity, mood swings and diabetes.
- Strawberries have anti-inflammation and sedative properties. Researches show that they reduce the levels of the acute phase reactant C-reactive protein (CRP).
- Strawberries contain anthocyanins, which stimulate the melting of stored body fat. Additionally, research has shown that anthocyanins boost short-term memory to 100% within eight weeks.
- They also have anti – cancer properties. Their content of flavonoids results in the body’s interfering with the stages of development of cancer cells, preventing their potential for duplication.
- The phenolic acids present in strawberries have anti – allergic properties, which means that they help reduce the biochemical processes that are associated with allergic reactions. Of course, as it happens with other types of food, there are people allergic to strawberries, and if you are one of them then you know that it would be the best if you avoid them.
- It is proven that they help with heart diseases and arthritis.